First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes,
- Drs visits
- Egg donor agencies
- Finding a surrogate (friend or stranger)
- Fertility lawyer
The list seems to go on because for men who are in same-sex relationships, becoming fathers is less romantic, and more logistical, or at least that’s what our clients tend to tell us.
After 17 years in the fertility industry, I have worked with hundreds of two-dad families, as they move into parenthood, and beyond. Have realized that my traditional- sperm, plus anonymous egg, plus surrogate equation has definitely changed over the years.
So here’s my advice
Get Educated! Sign up for a class at your local queer community centre (like 519 Community Centre) to learn about the options available to build your family!
Whether you are considering co-parenting with another couple, a known or anonymous egg donor, a Surrogate (family member), or through an agency, there are lots to think about!
In no particular order, here are the people to get on your Team.
- Your HR dept. Find out what kind of coverage you have for alternative family building! People are often surprised that there is money available to help you become parents, whether it is medication coverage, IVF coverage, adoption or surrogacy leave.
- Find a Family lawyer who can advise you on how to safely build your family.
- Talk to your family Dr, to get initial testing done before heading to a fertility clinic
- Do your research. Talk to friends, and family then check out internet sites to get some fertility clinics, donor agencies, and surrogacy agency recommendations
- Decide where to engage, the US, Canada, or overseas. There are pros and cons to all of these locations. Do your research, talk to a Canadian lawyer, and jump in!
Canadian Fertility Consulting (CFC) is a full-service surrogacy agency. We are dedicated to helping couples and individuals who are unable to grow their families without help. We provide guidance and support while exploring alternative methods of building a family. We have the right people in place to make your dreams come true with our highly-trained and dedicated team. Our goal is to make the surrogacy process as stress-free and successful as possible. We provide comprehensive support through our:
- Reimbursement and accounting department
- Intended parent case specialists
- Surrogate case coordinators
- Management team
- Sacred programs for surrogates, intended parents, and egg donors
We are here to help you wherever we can, If you are looking to grow your family reach out to us. We cant wait to meet you.