Surrogacy is the most extraordinary gift.
A Gift of Life
What could be more beautiful that bringing new life into the world?
From Surrogates with CFC
Becoming a Surrogate
We are honoured that you are here, reading about our surrogacy program. There are requirements to becoming a surrogate and each of our gestational carriers must meet the following criteria. To be a surrogate, you must:
- be between the ages of 21 and 45.
- have delivered one or more children of your own.
- be a non-smoker, and live in a non-smoking home.
- not use recreational drugs.
- have a healthy BMI.
- be healthy with regular menstrual cycles.
- be willing to undergo a medical and physiological assessment for both yourself and partner.
- be fully committed to the surrogacy process.
Who Needs a Surrogate?
Surrogacy is a wonderful option for couples and individuals unable to conceive on their own. Here are some reasons why a prospective parent may need a surrogate to build their family:
- loss of fertility due to hysterectomy or cancer.
- required medications that could prevent a healthy pregnancy or baby.
- reproductive conditions such as fibroids, absence of a uterus, endometriosis, PCOS, or other gynecological issues.
- sexual orientation; same-sex couples.
- gender identification (transgender).
- chronic pregnancy loss or unexplained infertility.
- age factors.
- relationship status.
- HIV+ risk factors.
- carriers of hereditary genetic diseases such as kidney disease, diabetes, heart disease, or hypertension that could prevent a healthy pregnancy or baby.