Today, September 30th, is Orange Shirt Day in honour of all the Residential School survivors and for all of the children that didn’t make it home from Residential School. 🧡
We stand in solidarity with Indigenous communities across Canada.
Our team will be wearing Orange Shirts, and we are encouraging all of our Surrogates, Intended parents, and community partners to do so as well.
“The colour orange has always reminded me of that and how my feelings didn’t matter, how no one cared and how I felt like I was worth nothing,” she wrote. “All of us little children were crying and no one cared.”Phyllis Jack Webstad
- Share the origins of Orange Shirt Day (Phyllis’ story):
- Learn about Residential Schools in Canada:
- Watch the Residential Schools in Canada: a timeline:
- Find out if there was a residential school near where you live:
- Suggest writing a letter to your MP to make September 30th a national day of reconciliation
Find your MP:
Interested in partnering with us for a story such as this one? Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org